Class 10 (May 6) : PLANNING
- Planning with visual constraints
- Simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM)
- Sensor placement and bext-best-view (NBV) planning
- Required Readings:
- A recent survey of research on mapping:
S. Thrun. Robotic Mapping: A Survey.
Report CMU-CS-02-111, Computer Science Dept. CMU, February 2001.
- NBV planning:
H. Gonzalez-Banos and J.C. Latombe. Navigation Strategies for
Exploring Indoor Environments. To appear in
Int. J. Robotics Research.
- Other Readings:
- Sensor control strategies:
A. Briggs and B.R. Donald.
Visibility-Based Planning of Sensor Control Strategies.
Algorithmica, to appear.