Class 15 (May 22) :
MOTION PLANING FOR DIGITAL ACTORS
click on photo
- Representation of characters/actors
- Interaction with artificial sensing
- Aesthetic constraints
- Generation of camera motions
- Required Readings:
- Generation of camera movements:
T.Y. Li and T.H. Yu. Planning Tracking Motions for an Intelligent
Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1353-1358, 1999.
- Motion planning for a digital actor:
M. Kalisiak and M. van de Panne.
A Grasp-Based Motion Planning Algorithm for Xharacter Animation.
Proc. Eurographics Workshop on Computer Animation and Simulation,
- Other Readings:
- Manipulation planning for digital actor:
Y. Koga, K. Kondo, J. Kuffner, and J.C. Latombe.
Planning Motions with Intentions.
Proceedings of SIGGRAPH'94, pages 395-408, 1995.
- Synthetic vision for digital actor:
J. Kuffner and J.C. Latombe. Fast Synthetic Vision, Memory, and
Learning for Virtual Humans.
Proc. IEEE Computer Animation, pp. 118-127, 1999.