Class 16 (May 29) :
MOTION PLANNING FOR DEFORMABLE OBJECTS
click on right photo
- Flexible objects
- Dealing with energy function
- Molecular conformation space, folding and binding motions
- Analysis of multiple pathways
- Required Readings:
- Planning the motion of an elastic objects:
F. Lamiraux and L.E. Kavraki. Planning Paths for Elastic Objects
Under Manipulation Constraints.
Int. J. Robotics Research,
- Study of the folding pathways of a protein:
S.M. Apaydin, D.L. Brutlag, C. Guestrin, D. Hsu, and J.C. Latombe.
Stochastic Roadmap Simulation: An Efficient Representation and Algorithm for
Analyzing Molecular Motion.
Proc. RECOMB'02, Washington D.C., 2002, to apear.
- Other Readings:
- Protein folding:
G. Song and N.M. Amato.
A Motion Planning Approach to Folding:
From Paper Craft to Protein Structure Prediction.
Manuscript, 1999. ps file.
- Powerpoint slides: