Class #10: Coordination of Multiple Robots
spot welding in an automotive body shop (left). Coordination
of several small rovers (right, from Chris Clark).
- Notion of configuration x time space
- Mapping of moving obstacles in configuration x time space
- Centralized vs. decoupled planning
- Decoupled planning techniques: Velocity tuning, coordination diagram,
- Required Readings:
- Velocity tuning and coordination diagram:
P.A. O'Donnell and T.
Lozano-Perez. Deadlock-Free and Collision-Free Coordination of Two Robot
Manipulators. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on
Robotics and Automation, pages 484-489, 1989. [Hardcopy will be given
- Using PRM to compare of centralized and
G. Sánchez, J.C. Latombe. Using a PRM
Planner to Compare Centralized and Decoupled Planning for Multi-Robot
Systems. Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 2002. [pdf]
- Other Readings:
- Prioritized planning:
M. Erdmann and T. Lozano-Perez. On multiple moving objects.
Algorithmica, 2(4):477—521, 1987. [ps]
- Powerpoint slides: